January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Many reasons to celebrate

The first being that it's October - the month Travis and I chose to be married. I don't mean to make people roll their eyes in disgust when I celebrate the month of October. I am simply in awe. I can't believe we will be celebrating our 8th anniversary this year. Honestly!?!? EIGHT!!!

Travis and I plan to clean out our storage unit within the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll find our photo album from our wedding! I'd love to post some pictures! I swear we're the only blog on the earth without our wedding pictures SOMEWHERE on our blog. Sorry....

We have had many journeys throughout our time together. We've seen each other through our lows, our highs, our ups, our downs, our failures, and our successes. It's crazy. I sort of wish I had started a blog when we were first married so I could reread and witness our growth together. I feel like we've known each other forever. It's mind boggling to think it's only been a few short years when comparing it to the rest of our lives.

I am so, so grateful for Travis. I know I say this a lot. Understand I do this because I really, really am grateful. I hope, one day, I am as good of a person as he is. He is a great example to me - to many people. I love him so much. I appreciate him so much. Travis takes his calling as a husband and [future] father very seriously. He understands the importance of providing for his family. He understands how important it is that he have healthy relationships. I am so lucky because it seems everywhere I look there are people who I love and care about suffering. Sorrow, dishonesty, addictions, divorce, hurt, etc is like this viscous plague. Honestly, it's terrifying. So many good people going through things I can't even imagine.

Trust me, I know how blessed I am to have Travis.


Another reason we're celebrating is it was General Conference (click here) this weekend. This is a meeting held world-wide for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. General Conference takes place each year during the first weekend in April and the first weekend in October (semi-annual). There are five sessions each semi-annual conference: Saturday has three sessions (two sessions for everyone, one session for Priesthood holders (men) in the church) and two sessions on Sunday (for everyone).

Conference is a wonderful time because we get to hear our prophet speak, among many other leaders of our church. It is a weekend of beautiful music, uplifting messages, hope, encouragement, and growth. Announcements are also made! One announcement, which Trav and I are particularly excited for, is that the Provo Tabernacle is being reconstructed and will be dedicated as a temple! Isn't that exciting!?! I don't know if you remember, but last year the Provo Tabernacle burned down and the community was devastated. I blogged about it: CLICK HERE to see post/pictures.

This is what it's going to look like once it's completely reconstructed (yet another reason to celebrate!!):



To read about the announcement and reconstruction plans, CLICK HERE.

We're all thoroughly excited!

Anyway, I guess I'll keep things simple and end this post. If I've got you wondering about General Conference (sometimes we "Mormons" are...interesting) feel free to click above on "GENERAL CONFERENCE" and mosey around. All the talks, announcements, and musical numbers are available online to view.

PS I was particularly grateful for the clarification in one of the talks during this morning's session. One of our leaders, Elder M. Russell Ballard, specifically mentioned that ANY and ALL individuals participating in polygamy are NOT affiliated with our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka "Mormons"). If you're interested in this offered clarification, CLICK HERE. As of this moment you can only listen to the talk. I guess they're still working on uploading everything else. :)

I was relieved this was mentioned because there is a lot of confusion on the subject.

And if you're wanting to watch/read/listen to a talk that touched my heart (I was near tears to be honest) CLICK HERE. This was very well stated and I couldn't agree more. regardless of religion, IT'S THE TRUTH.

No comments: