January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wisdom, trust, and courage

Part of this is acting on faith. President Thomas S. Monson (President/Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) spoke last weekend and one of his concepts was this:

Wise enough to recognize (promptings)
Trusting enough to listen
Courageous enough to follow

Tomorrow's a big, big day. Huge, in fact. I'm quite emotional about it. I'm scared to death and at the same time so incredibly excited. I am holding tight to the wisdom of my sister and her good husband as they move forward with faith. They are two people I feel to be exactly what President Monson spoke of: wise, trusting, and courageous.

I would encourage you, whoever you are, to look within yourself. Sit quietly and figure yourself out. Question yourself: What are my dreams? What are my fears? How do I respond to these things? What are my motives?

Give yourself credit. Look your fear(s) in the eyes and start.

Start what?!

Start being wise, trusting, and courageous.

I'll keep you posted on tomorrow. Please pray for my family. Pray that Nic and Ash will be at peace, no matter what. Please.

No comments: