January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Gold Star



We have been so busy lately.

My body is screaming at me to stop and SLEEP. It's so hard to get up in the mornings. I've been sick for 6 weeks now - no, not the pregnancy sick (eyes rolling) - like a cold-turned-into-some-sort-of-disgusting-infection-sick that won't go away. I went to the doctors a month ago and was told, "It's only a cold". I filled the stupid prescriptions with the hope that they'd get rid of it.

Nope. Still sick.

My voice teacher is yelling at me telling me EVERY WEEK, "You've GOT to get over this! Honestly, Adrienne, you have a recital next month! You're not going to be ready for it. You're voice won't be strong enough."

To which I say, "I'M TRYING!!!"

Then I go home and freak out because I can't afford to be unprepared. I simply can't. I've been dreaming of this for months. I want to do this. I want to conquer this mountain. Uhg.

Travis deserves a gold star - more like 10 gold stars - because he's absolutely amazing. I have been a little more edgy because of how tired and gross I feel. I'm constantly applying Neosporin (sp?) to my raw nose because I've been blowing it so much. And ya know what he does? He doesn't care one bit. He still kisses me and tells me I have a cute nose. Ha!

Beyond that he's SUPER busy with his church responsibilities. He has meetings, follow up phone calls, emails to write/respond to, people to serve, interviews to give, service projects and social gatherings to plan, and more. PLUS he's working and doing his beloved art. He's one busy guy.

Travis is amazing.

Tonight Trav and I tag-teamed our annual neighborhood chili-cook off. Let me tell you, I wasn't up for the challenge this go round. Usually I LOVE planning parties. Not this time. I was cranky and...well cranky. at one point, while decorating the center pieces, I told Trav I was going to sock him in the face. My mom was in the kitchen and started laughing when I said that. Then she turned around and saw that I wasn't laughing. Looking back it's sort of funny. In that moment, though, I wanted to hit him. Why? He started saying something about a talk one of our leaders, President Utchdorf, (of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) gave this last conference. In this talk he spoke of how important it was that we didn't spend our time on crafts and "cute" things to go along with our church lessons. Trav never mentioned which talk it was, but as soon as he said, "You know. Decorating these things makes me think of a talk I heard this past conference..." to which I quickly interrupted and said, "Shut up, Travis, or I'll sock you in the face." (CLICK HERE TO READ THE TALK - IT'S SUPER GOOD!)

Yup, we're so happy and in love. lol.

I told Travis that the next time he's asked to host something like this to SCREAM "NO WAY!" and run for his life.

Despite my bad attitude and my constant complaining, the evening was a hit. We had nearly 100 people attend. We had 12 different types of chili, 11 pre-carved pumpkins entered into our pumpkin contest, and LOTS of people dressed in their Halloween costumes.

I really need to stop complaining so much. I really am blessed in so many ways. But here's my lame-A excuse: I'm burned out. So until my tank is full of gas again, my complaining will continue. Not because I'm TRYING to be pessimistic but because I'm burned out. Truly.

On a side note, I get to conduct my church choir tomorrow. This will be a first for me so I'm really excited! I hope it goes well. If it doesn't, aw well. At least I tried. :)

Good night.

No comments: