January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Monday, September 26, 2011

Not a happy post...stupid, stupid, stupid day

Okay, I have to keep this short because it's late and my sectional is waiting for me. No, really. We're probably going to spend the night on our new sectional because our room flooded this afternoon (see post below) and our bed was SOAKING WET. We've had fans in our room blowing on the carpet, our bed, our pillows..you name it - it's wet and currently airing out. :(

So, what am I going to rant about?! Get this: since we currently live with my parents we have assigned laundry days (to avoid mass chaos). Mine and Trav's day happens to be Monday, today. So, I started a load this morning before I went to school. I come home to the flooded room, get that cleaned up, and head into the laundry room to switch our laundry from the washer to the dryer. Oh, wait! I can't do that because our stupid washer decided to quit working in the middle of the cycle. Unbeknownst to me, the washer doesn't drain when it decides to randomly stop so ignorant little me opens the door (it's one of the new forward facing washers) and out comes - you got it - MORE STUPID WATER! All over the floor. Yes, a naughty four letter word did come flying outta my mouth.

More towels. More mess to clean up. Good stupid crap.

After cleaning up my new mess in the laundry room I re-start the washer hoping it'll complete the cycle so Trav and I can have clean underwear tomorrow. I check on it an hour later and guess what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

IT STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STUPID CYCLE AGAIN!!!!

Okay, breathe Adrienne (my heart is honestly racing as I type this).

So, this time I don't open the door. Instead I opt to restart the washer for the third time. Only, I don't do an entire cycle I just select the "rinse and spin" option (claims it only takes about 20 minutes). I leave. I come back about 45 minutes later and you STUPID got it!!!! It stopped again. I was so mad I grabbed the stupid bucket I used earlier to clean out my damn window-well (is that how you spell that stupid word?), took the bucket downstairs, opened the stupid door to the stupid washer (not nearly as much water came out this go round) and started to squeeze each piece of stupid clothing, one at a stupid time.

Trav must have heard me mumblin' under my breath because he came in without me asking and helped "strain" our stupid clothes and put them in the stupid dryer.

Mad? Just a tad.

I'm now waiting for a tsunami to hit the middle of the desert. With my luck we'll be washed into the stupid ocean by midnight.

PS If you try to tell me what a great day it's been or that it'll only make tomorrow a better day, come on over so I can kindly knock you upside your stupid head with my best friend, the stupid bucket.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh Adrienne.......(((HUGS)))

Angel said...

I don't know if I should laugh or come hug you. Maybe I should start with the hug and wait a few weeks to laugh with you. I'm so sorry you had such a wet day, here's to praying for a drout...