January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Boy

Travis is a stud. What more can I say?

Travis is doing well. He was able to pass the blasted Praxis II test and now the only thing holding him back from having his teaching certificate in hand is ONE class. That's it! ONE CLASS and then he'll be done with all the licensing shiz-nit. We'll both be thrilled, I think him more than me. It's been stressful because he has a time limit to complete all the required classes and testing. It's not that big of deal unless the testing is completely unfair, unpredictable, and all over the place. Trav had to take the test three times before passing (that's quite normal, I hear) because the test is so ridiculous. But! He has passed it and we're moving forward. He's currently taking his last required class at UVU. So, come Christmas, Trav will be D.O.N.E.

Travis is a great example to me. He endures and does so with optimism and determination. He rarely gets down and depressed. When things get tough he plants himself more firmly on the ground and pushes his way forward. Uphill? Doesn't matter. He takes it one step at a time. And he always seems to conquer his "mountains".

I'm so grateful for him. I always ask myself, and often others, why am I so lucky? Why did I get such a good man? What makes me deserve someone like him? There are so many women out there deserving of their own Travis's. Why am I the lucky one to have him? It's more a question of astonishment, a rhetorical question. I'm not looking for compliments or a pat on the back when I ask these questions. It's more that I'm blown away and truly wondering, WHY ME?!? Why did I get one of the most gentle, loyal, kind, observant, honest, loving, patient men alive? Why??!?!?!?

All I can say is I am grateful. More grateful than I think I could ever express. I recognize the blessing Travis is in my life and am humbled by it. He is deserving of someone so much better than I. I am so, so grateful he's mine. I'm so grateful he found me and loves me despite my many, many flaws. I am, and will continue to be, a better person because of him.

I love you, Travis.

No comments: