January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Voice is CoMpLeTeLy Gone

I have been sick for a little over a week now and I'm sad to say my voice is gone. I cannot sing at all. :(

I was supposed to sing in church today with a double quartet but couldn't speak louder than a whisper this morning. So, I called Ashley (my twin) and asked her if she'd come over and learn my part (soprano line) and sing it today in church. I'm so, so, so grateful Ashley was willing and able to help me with this. I don't know what I would have done up there! I'm sure the double quartet would have just sung without me and been fine, but it's the fact that I committed and couldn't follow through with that commitment. I'm grateful I didn't have to worry about any of this because of Ashley. Ashley sang beautifully this morning. She held her own and sang confidently - as if she'd been practicing with the group for a couple of weeks.

(SIGH)

I just hope this goes away soon. I'm on some serious meds right now. I can't afford to be sick. I especially can't afford to lose my voice!

So if you see me around and I seem uninterested in, well everything, it's not the case. I'm simply not talking anymore than I must. Even when I talk I sound awful. To avoid embarrassment I am sitting and kindly observing.

No comments: