January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Saturday, March 19, 2011

choir Tour: Days 3 & 4

Oh boy. Where do I start? Um...

Well yesterday was a day from hell. Beautiful weather but full of irritation. Our tour manager -- the 32 year old I referred to in one of my earlier posts -- has a death wish. She is the poop on the bottom of my shoe. I can't seem to rid myelf of her. She's 32 going on 16. And she pisses me off. Seriously, she should be given "THE WORST LEADER EVER" award. She's earned it.

Trav text me yesterday and asked how my day was going. My response: other than wanting to punch [so-and-so] in the face, I'm fine. :) Let me assure you those feelings haven't changed today. I doing everything I can to have tolerance but my sincere attempt is failing.

We were able to have a coaching session with the director of choral studies at UC Berkeley yesterday. She was incredible. However, all I could focus on while sitting in the auditorium observing her work with her choir was her bum eating her underwear. Where'd that come from?! Let me explain l: leggings, shirt that didn't cover her bum, ferocious underwear line. It was awful. I TRIED to look away but couldn't. I just kept praying she'd pull her shirt down to cover "things". But she never did. :( Let me assure you I wasn't the only one who noticed. Yucky.

We were also able to hang out at the UC Berkeley campus. That was fun. I had a delicious Indian curry dinner with some choir friends and was able to enjoy the beautiful campus. So, other than wanting to pull out my cat claws and rip out hair, it was an okay day.

Today was a mess. The weather was awful -- down pour. Seriously. Everyone was soaked, well everyone bu me because I was wearing my rad rain boots. Boo yeah. We sang at another cathedral and it was gorgeous. The sounds was amazing. We were also able to have a coaching session with the conductor of the San Francisco Symphony. He was ridiculous. It was incredible working with him. He was so down to earth and full of knowledge, expression, and ideas. And we were lucky enough to attend the San Francisco symphony performance tonight. The performed Bach's Mass in B minor. It was so incredible. Just beautiful. I felt lifted and inspired when I left. What a great night!

Oh, we were able to have dinner at a place called Max's Opera House. It was fun! The waiters sing opera thoughout the evening. It was a different kind of experience. I liked it a lot. Thankfully my mom, sisters, and Grandma were able to meet up with me for dinner. It was so nice to see them! Sanity! Normalcy! Yay! Kyle sat with us too. We had a good time together.

And I haven't lashed out at anyone yet. Things are good. ;)

G'night

No comments: