January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Choir Tour: Day 2

Today was much better. We didn't drive nearly as long and we were able to tour more. We first stopped at the famous Golden Gate Bridge. We took lots of pictures as a choir and then walked the bridge. It was crazy-loud! I had to yell at the person walking next to me so he could hear me. Buses and cars drove RIGHT next to us, driving quite fast. It was amazing. And it was beautiful. San Francisco is beautiful. You know that song, "I lost my heart in San Francisco"? I can see how that could happen. It's gorgeous out here. I called Trav and told him we HAVE TO COME OUT HERE!!!

We spent the majority of the afternoon in China Town shopping, eating, and touring. It was quite fun! One of the first stores I went in had an interesting conversation that went as follows:

Store Clerk: (with an accent) Where you from? Texas?
Me: No, we're from Utah.
Store Clerk: Utah?
Me: Yes, Utah.
Store Clerk: Are you Mormon?
Me: Yes, we're Mormon.
Store Clerk: How many wives and husbands you have?
Me: Actually, I have 17 husbands right now. My goal is to have 30 so I can rotate one husband per night of the month!
Store Clerk: Well, with body like that, I can see you would be busy every night.
Me: Okay, I think we're leaving. Thank you, good bye.

I was disgusted. The man obviously didn't catch my sarcasm AT ALL! Gross.

Just FYI, any active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has one spouse. Just one. Savvy?

The rest of the evening was spent at the Oakland Temple. A Tongan ward hosted us for dinner and a performance. They sang for us and we sang for them. It was wonderful! They made us an incredible dinner (two FULL pigs...I'm talking from head to the curly tail). It was really fun to get a small taste of their culture. Very good people. Very kind and lovin. It was definitely an enlightening experience.

Well, I better get to bed. We have a full day ahead of us tomorrow. Lots of touring and performing! Wahooo! And hopefully I'll get to see my sisters, mom, and grandma sometime soon. Thankfully they arrived safely this evening. :)

I love you, Travis William. I miss you.

(Please excuse typo's. I'm writing/posting from my phone and it's WAY too hard to make corrections with this little thing. Thanks for understanding that I'm not stupid.)

No comments: