January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July weekend



We had such a good time up at Chris' cabin. We left Thursday night and headed 3 - 4 hours north. It's so beautiful! I know, I say that too much. We did a lot at the Fahey Family Cabin.



On the 4th we went to the Longville Independence Day Parade. I don't think I'm one who enjoys parades. Can someone answer me this, what's the point of a parade? Seriously..what? We didn't stay for the whole parade. We went back to the cabin and enjoyed a pontoon ride around the lake with Chris' parents, Tom and Karen. That afternoon we had a potluck-style fish fry, which is a Fahey tradition. They invite many many families who have cabins around the lake to enjoy the fun and food each year. They had an evening of Bocci ball, fried fish, salad, and conversation. It's a very laid back tradition and it's obvious the Fahey family enjoys getting together. We didn't go see the fireworks that night. We decided to stay at the cabin and relax. It was nice.




On the 5th we did a whole lot of nothing and it was so fun! We sat on the deck, played many games of toss football, went for a much needed walk and eventually made our way into town (Longville - population 180!!) and got pizza and ice cream. I, of course, got cookies and cream. I'm traditional like that. Ummm! Trav got something very sweet, Almond Joy ice cream, go figure. That's too sweet for me. Tim got bubble gum ice cream, which totally threw me off (Alysson I was thinking of you! Am I the only one who finds it weird when adults eat bubble gum ice cream!?!!?) while Chris got Rainbow Sherbert (is it sherbert or sherbet?) which, I'm told is very "refreshing". From this point forward the only thing I'll think about when coming across rainbow sherbet is "refreshing", he! he! Back at the cabin Tim and I went for a canoo ride while Chris and Trav went for a swim. The Fahey family took all their pontoons (sp?) to the middle of the lake and tied them together and had a BBQ. Trav and Chris felt like a swim and met them out there. Tim and I enjoyed a peaceful canoo ride and had great conversation.

(I believe the video is about 30 seconds long)

This morning trav and I went for a swim. I was told the lake water is as warm as a pool - NOT THE CASE! It seriously took like three minutes for my body to come out of shock! Brr! But it was refreshing!!! ;) We played some toss football, packed up, and headed home. It was a nice weekend. A great time was had by all. I just feel bad I put a damper on the much anticipated "guys weekend at the cabin".

Happy belated Independence Day!

No comments: