January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 36: Pregnancy 101

Multiple charlie-horses/leg cramps each night: CHECK

Nausea every time I eat or drink anything: CHECK
-No space in my tummy. In fact I think my tummy no longer exists. It's been squished outta me.

Headaches caused by crazy-intense hormones: CHECK

Contracting throughout the night: CHECK
-Typical at this point in the pregnancy. Don't get too excited. Last time my doctor checked I wasn't dilated at all. Not one bit.

Waking up each morning just as tired as I was when I laid down for bed: DOUBLE CHECK

Baby moving like mad: CHECK
-I told my family if my skin were any thinner she'd kick right through it. I'm not joking either. Sometimes my stomach feels like it's going to explode because there's no where left to go! And I still have 4 weeks before hitting the much awaited 40 week mark.

Getting up to pee multiple times during the night: CHECK
-My brother's room is right next to the bathroom and they sleep with their bedroom door open. I have given them fair warning that if they see a floating light in the middle of the night it's me with a flashlight making my way to the bathroom. Chances are I'm not fully clothed either. That's right. I'm in my undies usually with my stomach hanging out. I feel like my clothes are so disgustingly tight I can't sleep with more than a thin top on. And I sleep in men's boxer-briefs I bought a few weeks ago because my "stuff" doesn't fit comfortably anymore. So, my dear brothers, you can choose to open your eyes and be scarred for life or you can chose to close your door. Either way, when I'm making my way to the bathroom at 2:30am I don't give a crap who sees what. My focus is the toilet and that's it.  ...Thankfully they've been closing their door.

Hemorrhoids: ummmm...we won't go there. ;)
-But I hear it's all a part of this fun party we call pregnancy. Yipee!



Am I being too realistic right now? Then stop reading this post. Seriously. Sometimes things are hard and it's important to recognize them as being such.

Sorry. I guess I'm getting good at calling a spade a spade.

In all honesty, we have been blessed with a good, healthy pregnancy thus far and for that we're both incredibly grateful. Thankfully our little girl is healthy and doing super well. And I know when we meet this precious little lady we'll forget all the above stuff and feel it was worth every bit of "hard".

But I'm not going to lie. I want to find those women who feel absolutely beautiful and love being pregnant so I can kick them in the face.

Pregnancy is a miracle. It really is. But damn it's hard.

1 comment:

Makenzie said...

I loved this post! I'm glad I am not the only one going through all of these "wonderful" experiences! Hope you are feeling better.