January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Calm BEFORE the storm?

Whoever said that is either ignorant or oblivious. Maybe both. There's been no calm. There's only been STORM! Ahhhhh!!!

I have had three teachers scream at me (either directly or indirectly) in the last 3 days. Sweet!! Averaging one per day. I have three more weeks of this.

For what it's worth, I'm getting REALLY close to tackling my Queen of the Night Aria. I'm excited that I'm nearly there! I've worked freakin' hard on it all semester. I perform it twice next week. I must tackle it. I must.

I posted a video of this aria for your enjoyment. :) Listen to it - from beginning to end. At first it doesn't sound too terribly hard. And then it goes freaking crazy. Listen to it. It'll BLOW your mind. It's hard! And you must understand this is an opera piece from Mozart's "The Magic Flute". The Queen of the Night, who I'm playing, is messed up. She's evil and manipulative. She's selfish and MEAN.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

No comments: