January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My first REAL snow fort


Freakin' huge snowbanks out here...they're as tall as I am. That hole at the end of the driveway is one of our entrances into the fort.



I was diggin' away on one end of the fort...



While Trav took over the other side



We worked on the fort for about an hour and a half - finally meeting up in the middle of the snowbank. We had to stop after because I was frozen. I honestly couldn't feel my legs or feet.





Trav and Nolan decided to get as much done on the fort as possible the next day. They opened it up and found our grassy carpet.


You can't get the full idea of how long the tunnel was (before it was made into a "fort") but this shot gives you an idea.



Aw, Brothers :) Nolan was chiseling away with a hammer while Trav used the shovel. This snow fort was awesome!


Inside the snow fort.


We were going to do more throughout the week but found out it was supposed to rain. And as we know, rain melts the snow. So we decided to stop and keep it as it was. Sure enough, the rains came down and the fort collapsed. But it was fun and TOTALLY worth it!

1 comment:

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

So awesome! That fort ROCKS!!! I love the pictures!