January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Untitled...

Well, I'm all but finished with my summer block classes. I only have guitar and vocal lessons left. But those two classes will end July 31st. I'm ready for a break. However, if I had to pick two classes to attend all summer it would have to be those two (if I had signed up for piano lessons I would have included that too. But I wasn't able to this go round). I am thrilled to be done for the next two months...but am paying for the heavy amount of stress I put myself under. I have this pounding headache that won't go away. It's making me nauseous. Uhg.

Speaking of aches and pains...Trav came down with something similar to the swine flu. He wasn't tested for it because "it's really expensive" but the doctor that saw him said he's almost certain he has it. OKAY...HERE COMES ANOTHER DOSE OF STRESS! All we hear about on the news is how many people have now died because of this awful bug - and now my husband has it!?!? It's been quite the ordeal. It completely knocked him out. He's been in bed sleeping, moaning, and aching since Tuesday. However, I'm happy to note that he's now on the mend. He's no longer contagious, THANK GOODNESS, but still isn't back to his normal self. He's actually quite weak.

We were worried we would have to cancel our trip out to Nauvoo and Minnesota. I wouldn't second guess cancelling if it meant my husbands health. But I knew Trav would be heart broken. So, we've been praying our hearts out. It looks like our prayers are being answered. I'm soooooooooooooooooooo relieved he's recovering. Yesterday was the scariest. While he was sleeping he would moan like he was in pain. He never really makes noise when he sleeps..but this sounded like he was in terrible pain. And usually when you sleep your breathing slows down because your body's relaxed. Not him. He was breathing (and his heart was pounding) like he had just finished running a marathon! His body was shaking like he was shivering too. Uhg. I don't like thinking about it. All this happening WHILE SLEEPING! I was terrified. I think he was too. Thank goodness for heavy medication, priesthood blessings, and family.

I must say it's been interesting seeing everyone walk around with face masks on! I don't blame them, really. If I didn't think I was already exposed to the bug I would have been wearing one too. :)

No, things are looking up. He's still quite weak but overall doing MUCH better. All we can do now is pray no one else comes down with it! My suggestion is this: If you feel yourself suffering ANY of the symptoms (runny nose, cough, sore throat, nausea, achiness, etc (basically all the symptoms of any sort of flu)) DON'T WAIT FOR THINGS TO GET WORSE BECAUSE THEY PROBABLY WILL! Just go to the doctor. Don't wait. It's not worth the full blown experience.

Other then that we're counting down the days 'til we head out to Travis' beloved Minnesota! It's gonna be SOOOOO fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy and relieved that Travis is feeling better....thank goodness! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful trip back East! I will miss your sweet face!
Love you,
Christy