January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Recital

I don't think people fully understand the importance of a musicians recital. It is the climax of their learning - much like a thesis is for a History/English major, the NCLUX (is that how it's spelled) for a nursing student. This is honestly a big deal, bigger than most people give credit for.

So, I'm begging you, please don't be that way. Please. It's incredibly disheartening and hurtful for the one who has prepared so much, worked so hard, and stressed so deeply.

With that in mind, I hope you understand that I am in no way trying to manipulate you into attending. I am simply asking for respect.

Okay, now for the big moment: I wanted to share my invitations with you!! Tell me what you think - there are a lot of them. The wording is identical on all of them, the only difference is the picture.




Picture #1



Picture #2



Picture #3



Picture #4



Picture #5



Picture #6



Picture #7



Picture #8



Picture #9



Picture #10



Picture #11



Picture #12



Picture #13



Picture #14



Picture #15


I won't lie, I hope you can make it. It's going to be a fantastic evening - a huge accomplishment. I would love to share that with you, truly.

WHEN: Tuesday, November 29th, 2011, 7:00pm
WHERE: Orem Public Library
DRESS: Business Casual / Church attire
BRING: Yourselves and children *8 years or older
*make sure they can sit still for about an hour



P.S. So, which ones are your favorite and why?

6 comments:

Angel said...

5 because it looks like a CD cover 11 because I like it and 14 because you're so stinking HOT. I am so proud of all your work and effort that you have put into your dream, you are a beautiful musician with so much God given talent. You are such an example to me to not waste the talent given and to continue to grow the seeds we are given. I love your determination and commitment to your music and I love You!

Andrea and Nate Tracey said...

I think #4 because the lighting on you is the best and you look great! (You look fantastic in all of them, but I like close ups better) Also there isn't too much going on in the photo so you focus on you and the words. Great job! You are amazing, always have been and I wish I lived close enough to come hear you! Good luck, although you don't need it!

Anonymous said...

#12 is my favorite--I like the color scheme/lighting the best--and we see your beautiful smile! My second favorite is #4--it's pretty neat, too. You'll be great! Unless something weird happens on our return from Michigan, we plan to be there! Can't wait!

Corey and Hannah Liz said...

10! You are so pretty and I love that it is just raw and in your face(Very good thing!) Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Travis & Adrienne said...

Thanks for the feedback friends!

I asked because I'm trying to narrow it down to a few of them. I plan on mailing these out as invitations...as well as printing out a few in poster-size so I can advertise around campus and around the community.

So, again, thank you for the valuable feedback. It's VERY helpful!

Wendy said...

Oh Adrienne, how is a person to decide which is the best. I love them all!! I do like the ones that are close up cause then you can see how beautiful you are!! So excited for you and know that you will be awesome. I hope you are recording it!!! Love you tons!