January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's a love-hate relationship

I'm referring to the blessing/curse of school. I absolutely love, love, LOVE learning. But I dread the stress of it all. I know others feel the same way.

Travis is taking three classes this semester (last I heard)at Salt Lake Community College. He is working on getting his teaching license - trying to get as many classes out of the way as possible before next school year. On top of taking three classes he is still teaching art. He went back yesterday. It's always hard going back to work after a nice holiday break. But we gotta do what we gotta do. Travis will do very well at school, both in the taking and teaching part of it. That's one of many things I admire about Trav. He takes serious things seriously. He doesn't goof off, procrastinate, or get careless. He sticks to it and does so with strict dedication and determination.

I start school tomorrow. I will be taking 19 credit hours and am a little nervous. I will continue to work VERY part time (approx 12 hours each week). Music is extremely hard and time consuming. Not only are musicians required to read text books and fulfill homework assignments(like most majors out there), we're required to practice our instruments, write songs, analyze masterpieces, and memorize oodles of music. It gets a tad stressful. I know I can do it, though. I have to. I don't have a choice. :)

Oh, that reminds me! Here are my classes/grades from last semester:

FALL 2009
Private Guitar Lessons: A
Private Piano Lessons: A
Group Woodwinds: A
Group Brass: A
Intro to Music Ed: A
Advanced Music Theory: A
Private Vocal Lessons: A
Masterworks Choir: A
Intro to Theatre: A
Fund. of Conducting: B
*I looked online and my professor didn't record a major project of mine. Thankfully I still have the assignment and will be talking with him tomorrow to see if I can get credit for doing it (I had 100% on it) and hopefully raise my grade to an "A". If I can do this, I'll have a 4.0. This hasn't happened since Jr. High! Cross your fingers for me, please!

Anyway, with both Trav and I working and going to school it'll be a tough semester. We usually try to spend time together on a regular basis (we happen to like each other ;)) but I don't know how much it'll happen for the next four months. I'm kinda scared, actually. I love my husband. I don't want to grow apart.

(sigh)...just some fears of mine.

Wish us luck as we continue to dive into this crazy adventure called life. And remember, if I don't update the blog very often (or not at all) during this next semester, it's not because I've quit blogging. It's because I'll be going crazy! ;) No, I'll try to blog at least once a month. More, if possible.

We wish everyone a happy New Year! I'll also try to post some pictures of the holidays before tomorrow. It may not happen but I'll sure try!

Much love,
Trav & Adrienne

P.S. Congrats to Nolan and Katie (Trav's brother and wife) on their adorable little baby girl, Kherington. Our newest niece! Isn't she beautiful?!?


Little Miss Kherington



Loving Mommy & Kherington



Proud Daddy & Kherington

We are so happy for you! We love you guys and can't wait to meet that little bundle of joy!

No comments: