January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

holy shiz-nit...my grades are in

I must say I'm more relieved than I think I'll ever be able to express. I thought this semester was honestly going to be the one to undo all my doing. But thankfully things turned out alright.


CONCERT CHOIR (1 credit hour)..........................A
-I was a student conductor in concert choir. It was an amazing experience.

WOMEN'S CHOIR (1 credit hour)........................A
-I hated women's choir; way too much estrogen. NEVER AGAIN.

CHAMBER CHOIR (1 credit hour).......................A

PRIVATE OBOE LESSONS (1 credit hour)................A

PRIVATE VOCAL LESSONS (1 credit hour)..............A

SMALL ENSEMBLES (1 credit hour)......................A
-I played the oboe in a trio. That was a lot of fun!

MUSIC HISTORY & LIT (3 credit hours)................A-

FORM & ANALYSIS (3 credit hours)..................B
-The bane of my existence. I came to realize how much I DON'T know after taking this class.

OPERA WORKSHOP (1 credit hour)......................A
-I was able to play the Queen of the Night from Mozart's THE MAGIC FLUTE. It was a great stretching opportunity for me. Give me another 10 years and hopefully I'll have tackled the aria I performed.

ADVANCED CHORAL CONDUCTING (2 credit hours).......A-

STRING PRACTICUM (1 credit hour)....................A-
-I learned the fundamentals of the upright bass, cello, viola, and violin in this class. I quite enjoyed myself.

STRING METHODS & LIT (2 credit hours)......A-
-Another bane of my existence. Only it's because the teacher wouldn't teach but would take every opportunity he could to test us on what he didn't teach. Quality, I must say. I wrote to the dept chair and requested to meet with her and this Professor to discuss ways this class could be more beneficial. I still haven't received a response to my email.


GPA: 3.7


I'm going to take some rather large breaths and count my lucky stars. Wow. 12 classes in one semester, totaling 18 credit hours. I hope to never do that again. Ever.

THANK YOU'S:
And I want to put a huge THANK YOU out there to my amazing, never-stops-supporting-me, kind husband. I love you, Travis. :) Thank you for being so patient with me. Thank you for believing in my ability to make it through, to finish what I started. I love, LOVE, LoVe you!

And thank you to my parents who have let us live with them, helping us to avoid financial stress on top of everything else. My parents have been so supportive of us. I love you, Mom and Dad. Thank you for your willingness to share your home, your food, and your toilet paper with us. :)

1 comment:

3+Love~aki=Us said...

CONGRATS!!! Um WOW is right! Sheesh! I applaud you. I will not ever do that. You did and did it with flying colors!!!