January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Monday, May 10, 2010

Look & Listen - so I'm not talking AT you

I have a friend, Caroline, who has been advocating the importance of turning your phone to silence while driving. No texting. No calling/talking. Nothing. Just turning it to silence and leaving it in your purse/pocket until you get to your destination.

I have been thinking about this for a bit now. I am trying my best to break the habit of talking on the phone while driving. I try to NEVER text or read a text unless I'm at a red light, but even then it's distracting.

I thought I'd post some pictures to show why it's important that we ALL break this habit. Believe me. I'm busy too. Very busy. It's wonderful getting multiple things taken care of at the same time - but to what end? How much does it have to "cost" until enough is enough? How many horrific pictures do we have to look at, traumatic stories heard, before we decide "ENOUGH - No more"?

I am posting these pictures because I am determined to turn my phone to silence when I drive from now on. I'm hoping you will too. Look & listen (even if you roll your eyes first).



Do you see the motorcycle?




Now do you see it?





The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately
85 mph. The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she
pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the
motorcycle. The riders reaction time was not sufficient
enough to avoid this accident.
The car had two passengers
and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.
The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact
and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were
killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at
the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department..
Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be
new drivers, or new motorcycle owners
AND ESPECIALLY EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS A CELL PHONE!!!!!
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Save a life…

Stop talking on Cell phones and Texting while trying to drive.
The life you save may be your own..... or mine...

1 comment:

3+Love~aki=Us said...

Oh my word!! Wow. I might just put this on my blog too. Thanks for posting, it's a big deal and we can prevent it! :)