January 2013

January 2013
Our Little Family of Three

Sunday, September 28, 2008

still here and kickin'

Life is BUSY! Things are good though. We're still here and kickin'. I'm just not able to update this as often as I'd like.

Well, Trav and the guys showed up to the Less Than Jake/Rancid concert a week and a half ago only to find the concert was cancelled. I guess someone in the band (not sure which one) broke their arm or something so the entire concert was cancelled. Trav was torked. I'm sure anyone who knows Trav knew that long before I said it. :) The guys ended up going bowling. Trav didn't have too much fun. Poor guy.

Friday night (a little over a week ago) Trav and I went to a Phantom Planet concert in SLC. It was a lot of fun. However Phantom Planet was one of the opening bands and not the headlining band so they only played for...ummmm....twenty minutes or so. It was a total bummer. We were supposed to have back stage passes but that didn't happen, however Trav was able to work some miracles (I believe there was divine intervention as well) and he was still able to meet with them, show them his website, and get them to sign his work. It's one crazy story too. I'll quickly give you the readers digest version: He ended up paying one of the security guards $6.00 (YES! SIX BUCKS!) and was able to "sneak" back stage...this is when he sat down with the guys and talked to them about working on their music video and such. He told the band he had some work in the car and was wondering if he could get their autographs. They were laid back and told him to meet them after the show in the back of the building and while they were loading up their equipment they'd sign it for him.

Well after the show we went to the back but there was no band...well there was but they were locked behind a fence. So we waited, hoping they'd come out. They never did. The lead singer of the headlining band, Bradley I believe, came out to greet his fans and made his way over to us. Since we were wearing Phantom Planet t-shirts he asked if we'd like him to find the band for us. Of course we were like, "HECK YEAH!". Bradley (I don't think that was his name...) went behind the fence and came back only to tell us they had left. We were crushed, mostly Trav. He'd worked so hard and looked forward to this for sooooo long! Bradley said he'd call Sam, the base player of Phantom Planet, to see where they were. He did but only got Sams voicemail. Uhhh! We were so disappointed!

Just as we were thanking Bradley for his help and getting ready to leave his phone rang and sure enough it was Sam! They told Bradley where they were and told him to tell us. We, of course, hopped in the car and buzzed over. I told Trav I'd stay in the car while he went in. With everything that had happened I didn't want to come across as stalker-like (but I DID want to meet them). I told Trav to keep it short and sweet so they wouldn't be annoyed by him. I say this because they are familiar with Trav and his work and I didn't want us chasing them around Salt Lake City influence they're future desire to use Trav's talents. Trav was FINALLY able to show them the poster he'd made and they all signed it! They really like it. In fact, they liked it so much Sam gave Trav his email address and told him to contact him around November, when they'd be done touring. So, we're hoping for the best in that regard. Even if nothing comes of it AT LEAST WE TRIED.

Trav w/the guys of Phantom Planet - September 19, 2008


So that was our adventure for the month. It was a crazy night. We didn't get home until well after midnight. We were exhausted the next day! All the emotions we felt in the few hours of the concert were intense and just wiped us out. But we're glad we went. We're glad things turned out the way they did! On our way home we came across this exotic car. It's sad because I don't even know what kind of a car it is...maybe my brothers won't even be impressed??? I dunno but we snapped a quick picture for 'em anyway. They are OBSESSED with cars! It's not the greatest picture but hopefully it'll work.




Anyways, we have recently set up an awesome kareoke area in our basement. Nic and Ash invested in some serious equipment and we've been having so much fun with it! Many a-nights you'll find all of us down there belting out some crazy tune! What can we say?!?! It's too fun to pass up. Here is one of Travis' awesome performances. Seriously, click on the play button. It's long (30 seconds or so) but you'll get a GREAT laugh from it! He's so cute! I love so much about him...one of the many things I love is he just doesn't give a crap what others think. He just does his thing! This is proof! I would put one up of me but - one - I'm too embarassed. Two -I'm not nearly as entertaining! But I think you'll be plenty satisfied with seeing just him....

Anyone know what song that is?!? He, he, he!


Another bit of weird news, but news nonetheless...my car reached 100,000 miles this week. it's bitter-sweet. I love my car. It's not the most luxurious but it's been a great car. I'm converted to the Honda brand. I have nothing but good to say about those cars. I hope to use my car for another five years...at least!


Since going back to school I've been tired a lot. I have fallen asleep pretty much everywhere. thankfully I've been able to avoid falling asleep in the bathroom though. Trav says that within a three seconds from laying down I'm flinching/jumping. Does anyone else jump while they sleep? I think I have a bad case of the wiggles because my limbs go crazy! Trav says he laughs a lot but I've been too tired to hear him. Anyway, I fell asleep holding the second love of my life, Mercydez, and Ash took a picture. I only like this because it shows how adorable she is...she loves to cuddle! I LOVE THAT GIRL!


Mercydez is doing quite well. And we're so grateful for that. She is starting to express her opinion more and more each day. Nic and Ash have the cutest girl ever. Honestly!! I'm going to post a couple of pictures of her....I can't help myself!

Mercydez and Daddy cuddling


Isn't she so adorable? I love you Mercydez.


We did a walk for heart disease awareness a few weeks ago and Mercydez was as stylin' as anyone!


Two pretty girls: Mommy and Mercydez. Isn't her flower soooo cute??!!


The Princess sleeps....




I'm sorry...I just found this other recording of Trav. It's the same song/performance it's just a different part of it! Check out his dance moves!!! Ohhh....I laugh so hard I cry! What a guy.

I have such a wonderful family!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh I love it! You guys are too perfect together. I am so happy you got a chance to meet up with those guys. I have been trying to listen to those videos, but I don't know how to turn off the music on your blog in order to listen to it. Help!